Cycling & Mountain Biking
Bärenwirt - "Mountainbike Schladming" Partner Hotel
For all those who love open terrain, tough climbs and working up a healthy sweat, our region offers some 300 km of mountain bike trails. The most famous of these tours is the so-called "Viehbergalm-Runde", 40 km-long and running roughly along the ridge line in Gröbming, also featuring the infamous "Öfen Canyon".
This is also very much the cradle of Alpentour Steiermark, a mountain bike route in 16 stages covering an incredible 1,138 km and a breathtaking 31,305 vertical meters.
For speed fans and adrenaline junkies, since last summer we now also have the "Bike Park" on the Planai in Schladming. The longest downhill course in Austria, bikers hurtle down 4.5 km from the summit of the Planai all the way down to WM-Park Planai in Schladming.
A full selection of maps and information is available to help you prepare for each tour and keep your bearings while you are out on the trail. The regional Dachstein-Tauern bike map, the map for Alpentour Steiermark and the info folder for the Enns Bike Path are available at all local and regional tourist offices. Whatever your needs, we are sure to have what you are looking for.
Your Biking Advantages at the Bärenwirt
The joys of E-biking in movelo region Schladming-Dachstein, Ramsau am Dachstein and Filzmoos. Bikes available for rent next to the swimming lake at Hotel Bärenwirt.
Are you a trekking biker who generally prefers a more laid-back cycling experience alongside rivers, where you can admire the mountains from a more comfortable distance? Though you've always nurtured the secret desire to climb a trail meter by meter and experience the thrill of conquering a summit, right?
Here with us, that dream comes true - without ever being in danger of running out of steam after just a few kilometers.
- All the advantages of MTB Bikeguiding Schladming (20 to 25% discounts on tours and technique training, no minimum participation for guided tours, 10% discount on rentals)
- Bike room for secure storage
- Bikes to borrow for free
- Wash area for bikes
- Basic repair tools
- Staff with biking expertise right here at the hotel
- 4 set days of guided MTB tours per week (Mon, Fri, Sat, Sun, registration by 6 p.m. of the day before), additional days by arrangement - helmets required on all tours - guided tours ca. 5 hr from 25 euro
- Bikers' info corner at the hotel
- more memorable experiences
- more fun in a group
- We know the secret trails of the Schladming-Dachstein MTB Region
- Certified bike guides mean you are always in safe hands if ever there's an accident or breakdown
- Information about the region's culture and nature
- Tips and tricks from your experienced guide
- Small groups (max. 8 participants)
- No need to spend time planning your tours
- Never take the wrong trail
- Minimum age for participation: 15
Further information about exciting mountain biking and bike tours in the Schladming-Dachstein Region can be found here!
- 1,000 vertical meters of pure adrenaline
1,000 vertical meters of pure adrenaline
The Planai bike park has much to offer, with all the variety and challenges any 2-wheeler could possibly wish for. The start is located at 1,830 m above sea level and can be reached using the Planai gondola lift. Once there, you have 11 different trails and a full range of difficulty to choose from for your ride back down to the valley.